Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Light table.
What do you when the pattern refers to a light table?
I had a wage idea of a light table. But I had no intentions of go and by one. To be honest I did not know where to go shopping for one. Well, it cost no money, and I didn’t have to go anywhere, to use my imagination. I used what I had in hand.
Reading light form the living room, a couple of big books and my extension table for the sewing machine. It worked!


Now I’m going to transfer some of the patterns to fabric that I can bring to my Quilting meeting this evening. Oh, I look forward to start stitching.

PS! Tomorrow I will post pictures of my new Christmas Heart Ornaments I am sending away in a couple of days. Soooo…. Stay tuned.

6 comments:

Angie said...

That's a wonderful idea, Nina, and I just happen to have one of those tables too!! :)
Angie
www.threadcatcher.blogspot.com

Joanna said...

Hello Nina, thanks for the comments on my blog. I tried to respond to your comment but for some reason it wouldn't let me. Lovely blog!

Joanna

abeautifulcraft said...

Nina, use a window where the sun comes in. I just use sticky tape and draw the outlines with a light pencil.

Helen in the UK said...

What a clever idea to use your extension table - thanks for sharing. Love your quilts and stitching, you are very talented :)

Maureen said...

Good thinking Nina!
For the longest time I used to tape my patterns to a sunny window(EASY in bright sub-tropical Queensland) then my husband put a flourescent tube in an old drawer and a sheet of perspex over the drawer .Same result.and it didnt cost $120 :-)

Anonymous said...

Great idea!! Thanks for sharing!
HUGZ:)
Candi