Tuesday, December 12, 2006

December 12.

A small wall quilt.

I am now going to show you how to easily make a suspension for a small wall quilt.

My quilt is in this example the size of an ordinary piece of copy paper.

I make 4 squares of fabric 1/3 of the length if the short side. Ex: quilt measures 21 x 30 cm. You need 4 squares 7 x 7 cm.



Fold, iron, and place them, one in each corner, pin.

Then attach the binding.



From corner to corner (witch is up) you place a Chinese chopstick or a flower-support.



It is easy. You go ahead and try it. You will be amazed. I did!

3 comments:

Ati said...

Oh, I had to read and look twice, but thank you, so easy!
Your "Winter" is beautiful. I am very curious to the others.

crazyQstitcher said...

The 'corners' idea is brilliant Nina. It would keep the piece nice and straight. Thank you for the instructions. Maureen

Sylvie de Toulouse said...

Thanks !
It's a good idea for small and light quilts.
I keep it :-)