Friday, December 01, 2006

December 1.
I have started a tradition in our house.



The year 1996 when I fell in love with my boyfriend I also loved to do cross stitching. Therefore I made him a Christmas stocking. Then in 1997 I started another one for myself.
Well, I was not a mom at the time but I had a bad feeling. My DH had two children from before. At the time they were 7 and 9 years old. Therefore I made Stockings for his children instead. They were done by the Christmas in 1998. And during that Christmas I were stitching on the stocking for the latest member of the family my DS who were born in January the same year. Christmas 1999 my DS were almost 2 years old. He understood the meaning of the stockings.
Every morning in December before Christmas there is a little something inside the stocking, and the morning on Christmas (We in Norway open the presents in the evening of the 24.) The stocking it stuffed with goodies. (There will also be a new toothbrush and toothpaste to everybody).
Finally, in the year 2000 my Christmas stocking was done.
Last year I started to sew one for my niece. (I only got one niece and it seams it will stay that way.) The stocking will not be ready this Christmas. Maybe it will next year. It contains a lot of work, and cross stitching is a bit boring. …Ups..Don’t tell.

4 comments:

Susan said...

I love your tradition, Nina. Sort of an advent stocking. =)

One of the radio announcers today was talking about her stocking. Her mother made it when she was two, and made it her height at that time. She's been using it for 30 years, and now her mother is making one for *her* daughter.

I will probably never see my granddaughter, because of a split, but she is 18 months this Christmas, and I think I will make her one for next Christmas. This Christmas, she got a quilt. Who knows what life will bring. =)

Gerry said...

What a wonderful tradition, Nina. Christmas stockings are sooooo fun. I'm making them for my furbabies this year.

Candi said...

Nina,
What a wonderful story of your stockings. They look so pretty all hung up. Happy Holidays to you:)
HUGZ:)
Candi

Anonymous said...

elles sont belles toutes ces petites bottes , j'aime beaucoup ton blog