Thursday, July 26, 2007

Precious Petals postcards

I have received 3 out of 4 so far. They are just so delicious!
They are from:
Aynsley, Elizabeth and Lorri



I saw this swap at the “Surface Design Group” on the internet. I is a great Yahoo group that do a lot of experimenting on fabric. And of course I have to participate in some of them.

Mine were made by using stiff interfacing, like the one we use when making bowls. (glue on both sides) Then I added light fabric, then fusible web. Now the fun part: arranging the flowers. The flowers are pressed/dried in a book with kitchen tissue. (Old fashioned, and time consuming. I know).
To keep the flowers in right position I used organza ribbon. Ironed and stitched the ribbon to make sure the flowers stayed in place. Then I ironed the fabric on the back side and used a waterproof pen to make it look and function as a postcard.
I have not asked if they were OK when they arrived in the mailbox to the recipients. My cards were sent open, not in envelopes. I think this is half of the fun.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Covered by organza, they probably got there alright. I love the ones you got in return! It sounds like a group that inspires you.

Anonymous said...

wow, quite a bit different than the way I do it... would you like to trade postcards?

Susan said...

These are really pretty! I especially like the blue one. Very good swap!

AC said...

Wow these are lovely!
Alison

Anonymous said...

Thanks Nina, I'm so happy you want to trade! I would love to get my postcard in the mail, like a regular postcard! I'm sure it'll get to me (and mine to you) in one piece.