Tuesday, August 29, 2006


Help me!
What have I just done?

Well, why not!
It seams that I jump on too much. But it is possible for a woman to have two thoughts in her head at the same time. I do have 7 or 8 at the same time.

I had a phone call from May Britt yesterday regarding roses, hearts, meeting and “crazy stuff”. I love her. The first opportunity I get, I will meet her in person. We live one-day travel apart so it is not a friend you drop in to for a cup of coffee. She encouraged me to do a Blogg, and here I am.

My name is Nina I’m 37 years. Living in Norway.
I’ve been into handcraft/needlevork since even before I could walk. I crawled over to my mom’s sewing-box. Emptied it on the living room floor and played with buttons and spools. I even used the scissors on the living room carpet.
During the years I’ve been knitting a lot of Norwegian wool sweaters, crochet bed linen and tablecloths; embroider several big pictures in cross-stitch, made my own flower decorations and jewellery. I’ve sewn my own clothes, even national outfits. The list is endless.

The last 10 years I’ve been into patchwork and quilting. I love it. It is therapy. Colours, shapes and creating, I love it.
Now I’m hooked on Crazy quilt and embellishing. I love it! It is so nice to spend time on tiny details and experiment on several techniques. And make beautiful things.

But still I have to finish all that I’ve started. Therefore I entered a competition where you participate with your UFO’s. (UnFinnishedObjects) I have entered with 25 projects.

3 comments:

May Britt said...

Congratulations with your blog. I certainly will link you to my list. And I am looking forward to see all the things you have made.

Renea said...

Love the blog! But 25 projects??? that does sound like something I would do.

I picture of you on the floor with all the fabric is priceless. What is a girl to do?? I to adored my grandmother who was my inspiration in life.

I look forward to seeing more of those projects in here.

Renea Medema Aldrich

NormaH said...

Well Nina, you definately belong with the rest of us. I wish I just had 25 projects! I have decided that UFOs will be given away.... BUT I will complete my WIPs (works in progress)..... What's the difference you ask? UFO - tired of it, don't really want to do it gggg that's easy isn't. WIP - really like it, just need more TIME
Love your blog